ioquake3 - Quake 3 Arena engine (ioquake3 version)
||ROSA Contrib x86_64
This package contains the enhanced opensource ioquake3 version of the Quake 3
Arena engine. This engine can be used to play a number of games based on this
engine, below is an (incomplete list):
* OpenArena, Free, Open Source Quake3 like game, recommended!
* Urban Terror, gratis, but not Open Source FPS best be described as a
Hollywood tactical shooter, a downloader and installer including an
application menu entry is available in the urbanterror package.
* World of Padman, gratis, but not Open Source Comic FPS, a downloader and
installer including an application menu entry is available in the
* Smokin' Guns, gratis, but not Open Source FPS, a semi-realistic simulation of
the "Old West's" great atmosphere, a downloader and installer including an
application menu entry is available in the smokinguns package.
* Quake3 Arena, the original! A downloader and installer for the gratis, but
not Open Source demo, including an application menu entry is available in
the quake3-demo package.
If you own a copy of quake 3, you will need to copy pak0.pk3 from the
original CD-ROM and your q3key to /usr/share/quake3/baseq3 or ~/.q3a/baseq3.
Also copy the pak?.pk3 files from the original 1.32 Quake 3 Arena point
release there if you have them available or run quake3-update to download
them for you.
- Enable ROSA Contrib repository on Install and Remove Software
- Update packages list:
# urpmi.update -a
- Install ioquake3 rpm package:
# urpmi ioquake3
2012-09-29 - SymbianFlo <email@example.com> 1.36-1.svn2102
+ Revision: 7bb484e
- Updated ioquake3.spec