simplescreenrecorder - A feature-rich screen recorder that supports X11 and OpenGL
||ROSA Contrib x86_64
SimpleScreenRecorder is a Linux program that was created to record programs
The original goal was to create a program that was just really simple to
use, the result is actually a pretty powerful program. It's 'simple' in
the sense that it's easier to use than ffmpeg/avconv or VLC, because it
has a straightforward user interface.
* Graphical user interface (Qt-based).
* Faster than VLC and ffmpeg/avconv.
* Records the entire screen or part of it, or records OpenGL applications
directly (similar to Fraps on Windows).
* Synchronizes audio and video properly (a common issue with VLC and
* Reduces the video frame rate if your computer is too slow (rather than
using up all your RAM like VLC does).
* Fully multithreaded: small delays in any of the components will never
block the other components, resulting is smoother video and better
performance on computers with multiple processors.
* Pause and resume recording at any time (either by clicking a button or by
pressing a hotkey).
* Shows statistics during recording (file size, bit rate, total recording
time, actual frame rate, ...).
* Can show a preview during recording, so you don't waste time recording
something only to figure out afterwards that some setting was wrong.
* Uses libav/ffmpeg libraries for encoding, so it supports many different
codecs and file formats (adding more is trivial).
* Sensible default settings: no need to change anything if you don't want to.
* Tooltips for almost everything: no need to read the documentation to find
out what something does.
- Enable ROSA Contrib repository on Install and Remove Software"
- Update packages list:
# urpmi.update -a
- Install simplescreenrecorder rpm package:
# urpmi simplescreenrecorder
2014-07-25 - Denis Silakov <email@example.com> 0.1.2-3
+ Revision: 4529c01
- MassBuild#464: Increase release tag